Located in Birmingham and Doncaster, the newly completed state of the art buildings will house the next generation of people with the expertise to work on the HS2 and other future projects.
At each site, there will be a de-commissioned 'power car' donated by Alstom. These cars will be used for augmented reality training. SCI has been tasked with the fit out of each car.
The concept was to create a museum-like appearance in each car. Works to include:
- Thorough internal clean.
- The decoration of internal metal work.
- Electrical works including power, data, and lighting.
- Over-boarding of the existing floor which will then be carpeted. Within this, will be integrated perspex viewing panels, so that old cabling can be viewed.
- Creation of viewing cabinets to showcase the old switchgear and circuitry.
- Refurbishment of the drivers cab.
Working to tight timescales, we have completion dates of 9th of October for Doncaster and 11th of October for Birmingham ready for the official opening.
It is vital that these dates are met, as among the guests will be the secretaries of state for education and transport.